Monday, February 4, 2008

Recent watercolors

These are 2 recent watercolors! (I do love to paint!!!)

This one with Chinese lanterns and bittersweet is a special painting for Julie Marie of "Celtic Lady" blogfame! She had written about these wonderful fall color plants and I was able to secure this creative commission from her!
This is a quick study of a vase of lilac from last spring...however, I only just today put the finishing touches (and splashes!) on it!
This one is for sale on ETSY! (SOLD!)

10 comments:

winnsangels said...

Both beautiful paintings.

Julie said...

I am so happy to own "Bittersweets and Chinese Lanterns in a Blue and White Vase". I don't know what title you gave it but that's what I call it!

Julie

J C said...

Such beautiful florals you do. I am especially fond of the one with the teapot, and the one with the bird. One of the water media instructors at the art center where I work part time raves about the quinacidone colors! She loves them. The pic of you working at your kitchen table reminds me of here...I work at my kitchen table too, and it's round....and too small!! I have jars and jars of pens and markers lined up on the window sill next to me, boxes of colored pencils and pastels sitting on a chair, and, well, you don't even want to know more! ;)

Claudia said...

These are wonderful paintings! - Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

L'Adelaide said...

I am meandering among the blog flowers today and came upon yours....I love them and they inspire me to put my brush to painting some of my own! lighten up, me says to me, it's spring!

thank you, linda

Marjon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marjon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marjon said...

Thanks Lila for your nice words on my blog, I have viewed your blogs and your paintings are beautiful

Joy Logan said...

I love the one in the blue vase!

Desain-in said...

Look so beautiful...

Related Posts with Thumbnails