Monday, May 7, 2007

A gift for a most precious friend.....

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy.
They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
------Marcel Proust


This is a watercolor painting of a friend's white cat, Zelda.
She is a very aloof cat with a bit of an "attitude" . Last year on Easter day, we caught her on the cool green grass and my husband took her photo....I put that photo together with the photo of their potted Easter lilies and composed "Zelda the Miracle Cat"...a joke because in one part of her nine life adventures, she had lost most of her tail...in the painting I made it a bit longer...which you can't even see here because the scanner cut it off again!
Yesterday, having an unexpected day off, I went with Lizzzzzy to visit our long time friend, Sally....the cat's owner. [ We have all known each other since we lived in Little Rock. Sally now lives in a town about 30 minutes away, and has a wonderful old 2 story farm house (now with-in the town limits). Her husband is a professional gardern/landscape artist and a deacon in the Episcopal church. Sally has the worlds greenest thumb and is a science and math teacher. Going to their home is very much a retreat for me....the gardens and the fellowship.]
I took her the framed painting of her cat...and there was the perfect place just waiting for it...even a bare nail to hang it on!

8 comments:

tut-tut said...

Beautiful paintings! Thanks for leaving such a nice comment for me.

patsy said...

green forest ar. i have granddaughters in fayeville.

Aui-aUi-auI said...

i loveto see your pic. im from thailand and i love painting. and this is my website ( www.designparty.com/member/5018103 ) my web is a art exhibition online see u

Betzie said...

This cat painting is just so dear. I LOVE IT!!! Very sweet, I bet your friend loved it too!

Catherine said...

Beautiful painting's!! And that is one of my favorite quote's, I am partial to all white cat's ~I used to have one, named Snowflake~of course..:D he died 6 yr.s ago, now I have my Avie~short for (Avalanche)He's white & grey, like snow on a moutain, my son sais ~he named him! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, please visit again! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work's of art!!
Cat

Notes from a Virtual Easel said...

I love the colors and the direct, original style. I know you are busy, but paint when you can. Try working small and fast. You can create very soul-satisfying work in very little time.

Julie said...

Hi, Lila,

I just added this blog to my art blog. I never saw this painting before. I love it!!

Have you painted your black kitty? How's her coat now?

Lila Rostenberg said...

Her coat is still mottled and not as black...someday I'llpost an earlier painting of her..

Related Posts with Thumbnails