Saturday, May 5, 2007

Painting for a Cause.....












Healing and preserving memories......
This church, St. Marks in Gulfport, Mississippi, was totally destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. I made this painting after that, from a website photo. I was able to make the pink azaleas really "pop" with the new quinacidone watercolor pigments!
It was purchased by the youth group of our local church (purchase price was dontated to our local homeless shelter) and then delivered to the congregation who are rebuilding...a bit further inland this time. I know that the "old" church held many wonderful memories for them!






More paintings from my art show last year...at St.Paul's. The fellowship hall is a wonderful space where I take yoga and the walls are gallery walls...always a changing art show.

All the monies from the sale of my (joyful)watercolors was given to our local homeless shelter....more than $500.00!

I sold 13 works and will post the photos, as I find them.


This Stargazer lily was one which sold.














This is a watercolor of a koi pond with a waterfall. It was donated to our Art Center of the Ozarks annual silent auction last year.

2 comments:

gma said...

Lila the paintings are all wonderful!!! The fact that you donated the proceeds to a homeless shelter is even more wonderful.
Bravo Lila
xo

Scarlet said...

I love the koi pond painting! You are a gifted artist! Beautiful work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails